Our active botanical scalp & hair mask is a rich source of absorbable Vitamin A, including from:
- Adansonia Digitata (Baobab) Oil
- Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil
- Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil
- Lavendula Angustifolia (French Lavender) Oil
- Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil
- Rosa Damascena (Bulgarian Rose) Floral Water
Vitamin A refers to a group of unsaturated nutritional organic compounds that includes retinol, retinal, retinoic acid, and several provitamin A carotenoids (most notably beta-carotene).
Vitamin A is essential for regular and healthy cell growth, development and regeneration. Vitamin A, and more specifically, retinoic acid, maintains normal scalp health (and by extension follicle and root health) by switching on genes and differentiating keratinocytes (immature skin cells) into mature epidermal cells.
Other key benefits of Vitamin A for strong, lush hair, include:
- Powerful antioxidant that destroys free radicals, which denature cells, causing breakdown and eventual death.
- Reduces size and secretion of the sebaceous glands, tending to make the sebaceous glands more balanced for those with oily hair.
- Strong anti-microbial and antibacterial properties, effective in the ducts and skin surface. Microbes can damage cellular health, leading to hair loss, alopecia areata, dandruff, itchiness and flakiness.
- Relieves inflammation via inhibition of chemotactic responses of monocytes and neutrophils.