M F L O R E N S' castor seed is oil is highly prized and rare for being both cold pressed and cold processed, which is essential for castor seed oil to retain its therapeutic and revitalizing properties. Most castor oil, including high-end varieties, are not cold-pressed and cold-processed. Our castor seed oil is sought after because it is further undiluted and purely enhanced during our proprietary production process.
True to its revered status in the herbal medicinal world, castor oil is commonly referred to as the palm of Christ or Palma Christi. Books can be written on its amazing reparative, restorative and nutritive properties.
Here is how castor seed oil, sourced and prepared the M F L O R E N S way, can exfoliate, detoxify, nourish and regenerate at the cellular level for healthy, full scalp & hair:
- Saturated with over 100 compounds, including essential and non-essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, proteins, alkaloids, flavonoids and perpenoids, that contribute to its immensely rich therapeutic and revitalizing properties. Their molecular structure permits them to permeate the layers of the skin to transform and enhance from the cellular level on up.
- Relieves and prevents hair loss: If cold-pressed, castor seed oil is the best source of ricinoleic acid, which is what makes it unique from other plant oils. Ricinoleic acid has excellent skin permeability, reaching deep into the dermis. Recent studies have found that ricinoleic acid can relieve and prevent hair loss.
- Promotes follicle growth and regeneration: If cold-pressed, the castor seed oil is a rich source of linoleic acid, which is a polyunsaturated omega-6 fatty acid and is one of two essential fatty acids for humans that the body cannot produce on its own. Linoleic acid too has excellent skin permeability, reaching deep into the dermis. Linoelic acid restores dry follicles, adds shine and promotes follicle growth.
- Intensely hydrates and moisturizes: If cold-pressed, castor seed oil is an excellent source of oleic acid, which is classified as a monounsaturated omega-9 fatty acid. It acts as a humectant to retain moisture by preventing water loss through the outer layer of the skin, and deeply hydrates and moisturizes, preventing dry, brittle scalp & hair. By reducing dryness and irritation, coupled with its potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties, prevents buildup of dead cells and increases cellular vitality for a healthier head of hair.
- Deeply conditions: Castor seed oil delivers conditioning that improves the flexibility of the hair fiber. It lubricates the hair shaft, increasing flexibility and decreasing the chance of breakage.
- Promotes the production of elastin and collagen for stronger, thicker strands.
- Eliminates bacterial, viral, fungal and microbial growth on the scalp & hair: Undecyclenic acid is largely responsible for castor oil’s antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and antimicrobial attributes. They eliminate mild to acute growth on the scalp & hair that can lead to serious skin and hair damage, inflammation, irritation, itchiness, dandruff, cellular and follicular death and hair loss.
- Powerfully relieves and eases inflammation: The plethora of rich nutrients and actives in castor seed oil powerfully soothe and ease inflammation caused by microbial infection, toxins, chemicals, dirt, pollution, stress, diet and excessive dying and styling. Inflammation of the scalp constricts blood flow to the hair follicle, reducing the levels of necessary nutrients and leading to cellular death and hair loss.
- Targets free radicals to prevent premature cellular aging and death: Castor seed oil’s antioxidant capacity and free radical scavenging abilities are second to none. The actives penetrate to work alongside your body’s natural defense to repair cellular damage and revitalize for healthier scalp and growing hair.
- Strongly stimulates blood flow and circulation to the scalp for stronger, thicker strands: Alongside its anti-inflammatory properties, the actives in castor seed oil boost circulation to nourish, rejuvenate, revitalize and reawaken hair follicles. Better nourishment produces stronger, thicker strands.
- Exfoliates and revitalizes for hair growth and volume: Castor seed oil’s gentle but thorough and powerful exfoliating actives breakup stubborn buildup and gunk to clear the scalp and clogged pores of dirt, pollution, toxins, dead skin, chemicals and other harmful particles. Greater blood flow and oxygenation result in healthier follicles for growing, voluminous hair. It also reduces flaky scalp and conditions associated with it.
- Penetrates quickly through scar tissue and stimulates the growth of healthy tissue, including hair follicles.